POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : REQ: Macro - Fill Sphere with Cylinders : REQ: Macro - Fill Sphere with Cylinders Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  REQ: Macro - Fill Sphere with Cylinders
From: Ken
Date: 20 Apr 1999 21:44:58
Message: <371D1FCF.E5AA43BE@pacbell.net>
Good day people,

* Are you bored ?

* Do you need something to do ?

* Have you run out of ideas for projects to work on ?

* Do you like tackling new projects just for the challenge of it ?

* Do you just feel like a really nice person today and would like to help ?

* If you answered YES to any of the above statements then please read on.

   To date I have seen a few macro's written that will fill a particular
 geometry with spherical objects. I have not seen a macro that will fill
 a spherical or box shaped geometry with long cylindrical shapes. Possible
 uses for a macro of this type would be to fill a small bowl or dish with
 loosely piled, randomly rotated, tooth picks. There are countless other
 possible uses but I think this conveys the concept of the intended macro
 function. I found myself today momentarily considering modelling a similar
 scenario and dismissed it as too difficult to model without the aid of a
 macro or similar process solution.

  So how about it. Do I hear any takers for this challenging yet highly
 useful macro project ? We the Pov people of the world need your support
 and our words of praise for your efforts will not be small in number if
 you succeed.

 With kind regards,

 --
 Ken Tyler